Things to do while staying at Turneffe Island Resort
- Diving (15 to 17 dives with dive package, additional dives available with any package)
- Guided snorkeling trips twice daily
- Great Blue Hole Adventure: A full-day trip to dive or snorkel the Blue Hole and Lighthouse Reef. Includes lunch on Half Moon Caye beach and a visit to the Red Footed Booby Bird Sanctuary. (Weather permitting.)
- Unlimited kayaking
- Sailing on the Hobie Cat
- Relaxing in hammock
- Swimming in the Caribbean Sea or in the heated freshwater pool
- Fly fishing (additional charges apply)
- Dive lessons and certification (additional charges apply)
- Writing your next Hemingway-esque Caribbean novel!
Choose from any of the following activities:
Diving (Included with Dive Package)
Turneffe Island Resort offers each guest 15-17 dives per week. Each of the 15 dive sites in the area showcases a different view of Belize's unique underworld. No two dives are ever the same.
The PADI certified dive masters will guide you through a maze of corals along the atoll's steep drop-off. Each dive lasts roughly 45 minutes after which you return to the island for meals or simply to gather your breath for the next dive.
Turneffe Island Resort is a PADI dive resort, so if you are not yet a certified diver, you will still be able to enjoy the aquatic wonderland. There is an instructor available who can certify non-divers upon request.
You will dive at some of the best dive sites on the Belize Barrier Reef: Turneffe Atoll, Lighthouse Reef, Half Moon Caye and the Belize Blue Hole. some of the best dive sites are just minutes from the resort.
The reef around the resort provides a huge range of beautiful places where surface snorkeling and dives can be made. A short boat ride takes you through the shallow turquoise waters of the reef for the darker blues of the Caribbean.
Kayaking & Hobie Cats (Included)
Turneffe Island Resort can provide single or double kayaks that can be paddled around the reef, as well as Hobie Cats for your personal use. The resort will ensure that you have adequate instruction and a guide if required.
Kayaks are perfect for exploring the stunning reef systems of Glover's Atoll. Paddle between the small islands that make up the eastern wall of the atoll.
Fishing (Included with Fishing Package)
Guests interested in sport fishing will not be disappointed. The bone fishing at Turneffe Island Resort is superb, and it is common to pull in up to a dozen bone fish per session.
Permit, jack, wahoo, barracuda, bonefish, tarpon, kingfish, trigger fish, grouper, rock fish and bonito also provide great action for the sea fisherman.
Choose from one of our three fishing packages: fly-fishing, blue water trolling or drop fishing.